Hello December

I am undoubtedly a summer girl. I was born in the month of July, amid the hottest days of the year. I have always found joy in the smell of sunscreen, the sound of flip flops hitting my heels, spending my days in the water and the feeling of sunshine kissing my cheeks. For me, summer has always provided freedom and happiness. However, I’ve grown to appreciate the simple pleasures of the winter season. December may bring endless snow and cold weather but it also brings some of my very favorite things.

Layers
One of my favorite aspects of cold weather is wearing warm, cozy clothes. Winter allows for layers upon layers, fuzzy socks, soft hats and large scarves. My closet is crammed with oversized sweaters and flannels. I may love summer weather, but winter clothing has my heart. Check out my Pinterest board to find cute, winter outfit ideas.

Tunes
Cold weather lends itself perfectly to mellow tunes and acoustic sounds. You can find a playlists filled with winter songs I’ve recently been listening to on my Spotify. Also, since December and Christmas music come as a two-for-one deal, I created a playlist of tolerable Christmas songs to evoke the seasonal spirit.

Home
Snow rests peacefully amongst tree branches in the front yard, stringed lights swoop down from the rooftop, the crackle of a fire murmurs in the background and the Christmas tree casts a glow throughout the room. How could anyone not love coming home to a snug, comfy house decorated for the holidays? My Pinterest board provides inspiration for holiday home décor.

Comments

  1. My favorite time of the year !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely the same! I am wholeheartedly a summer girl as I was born in August. I do love fall/winter clothing a lot better though, I absolutely love layering up. Also sometimes it is so nice to just chill out and listen to some melancholy tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is great, but personally I like winter the most. there's a lot of things you can only do in the snowy weather, and the atmosphere is just great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts