5 Tips for Staying Healthy While You’re Busy…



As a busy college student juggling classes, homework, basketball, work, a student organization and a social life, my health is sometimes thrown on a backburner. I don’t always have time to eat the most nutritious breakfast, nor do I always receive the recommended eight hours of sleep.  There are days when I wake up at 5 a.m. for conditioning and don’t see my bed until midnight. There are other days when a banana for breakfast, PB&J for lunch and Ramen Noodles for dinner just has to suffice. It’s college, right? We’ve all been there. A busy, fast-paced lifestyle has its benefits, but when you neglect your basic needs, it will undoubtedly catch up to you. This weekend, I learned this lesson the hard way. After spending three days curled up in bed, I decided to make my health and happiness a priority and here’s how…

Meal Planning
No more Ramen! Making nutritious meals in advanced will help save time later in the day. It will also ensure I’m getting the necessary protein, veggies and iron in my diet.

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep!
My body needs sleep to function efficiently. No more staying up late and waking up early. From now on, I am making a careful effort to receive eight hours of sleep per night.

Vitamins
Taking a one-a-day vitamin is a great way to maintain my health and build a strong immune system. Bring on the Flintstone Gummies!

Hydration
The benefits of drinking more water are endless. From now on, I’ll always carry a water bottle to make sure I’m hydrating.

Scheduling Time for Relaxation, Family and Friends
I don’t want to rush past my college career and wish I would’ve spent more time hanging out with friend or enjoying the company of my family. I’m making time for friends, family and relaxation a priority on my schedule.

Comments

Popular Posts